Strictly Delicious nominated me for the Liebster Award, and I couldn’t be more honored! And I’m a little upset, because she already got it and that means I can’t nominate her. I really do feel very flattered – thank you! She asked me a few questions, and here are my thoughts…
1. What are you most afraid of in the kitchen?
#humblebrag, I like to think of myself as pretty fearless, but honestly, I haven’t dabbled in gluten-free baking. (Minus the macarons I made last year, which definitely give me hope!)
2. What inspired you to begin blogging?
A few friends of mine who have blogs encouraged me to start my own, and looking for an addition to my New Years Resolution, I decided to just give it a shot!
3. What gives you the most joy from blogging?
Blogging gives me a great place to record my shenaniganry :)
4. What does your ideal Saturday look like?
Sleep in; make a big breakfast (preferably including buttermilk pancakes and caramelized onion fritatta); explore some new part of the city; and have friends over for cocktails on the roof…is it Saturday yet?
5. What pantry staple would you never want to live or cook without?
Salt. Done and done.
6. Name a place you have never visited, but want to.
I would love to visit Japan, but realistically next on my list will be Germany and Greece, buuuuut I also want to visit Brazil! And I’m dying to go back to France. Basically everywhere. Can you tell I miss traveling?
7. What’s the most surprisingly delicious thing you’ve ever eaten?
8. Who is your favorite “audience” to cook for?
Obviously my family and friends, but I do love cooking for people who I’m starting to get to know – there’s that moment when they try my cooking, and I feel like I’ve really secured the friendship ;)
9. What’s your favorite time of day and why?
I love the evening – whipping up a cocktail or pouring a glass of wine to enjoy with my roommates before drink #2 (or 3) while making dinner. (On the other end, my mornings are ALWAYS accompanied by a mug of coffee the size of my head and a general zombie-like demeanor.)
10. What are you looking forward to most this year?
I’m sure these wonderful bloggers have received wide acclaim, but nevertheless, I would like to nominate the following awesome bloggers for the Leibster Award!…
Ngan at Ngan Made It
Sue at Birger Bird
Liz at My Favourite Pastime
Patty over at Patty Nguyen
Sonal at Simply Vegetarian
Elmarie at Flippen blog
Josette at The Brook Cook
And my questions for you lovely ladies:
- What was the last thing you ate?
- What was your typical elementary school lunch?
- What’s your favorite kitchen utensil/appliance?
- Food you’d never touch?
- Food allergy you wish you had?
- What was the cause of your last hangover?
- What’s your favorite splurge at the grocery store?
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the questions you were given.
- Nominate other blogs with less than 500 followers.
- Post questions for your selected nominees to answer.
- Tag and link the nominees and post a comment to let them know you have nominated and appreciate their hard work